Wednesday 11 September 2013

Home Alone

The other half has gone away for a few days to complete the coast to coast route by bike so I am home alone with only a cat and some goldfish to keep me company. I have four nights when I won’t have to fight for the covers or endure re-runs of Top Gear, and I have started to think – what on earth am I going to do?!
 


It seems so long ago when I had the whole house to myself – it was only back in February when he disappeared for a ski holiday – but it feels like forever ago. For the past few weeks I have been coming across jobs around the house and thinking “when I’m home alone I’ll do that...”, but now all of those ideas have just vanished from my head! As I lie starfish-shaped in the bed I have decided to make a list so that I won’t waste the little ‘me-time’ that I have to enjoy and tick things off as I achieve them.

Number one on the list is to watch Mad Men. I have wanted to watch it for years but always managed to miss it being shown on TV. We have just got Sky installed so I have recorded the first three series’ to watch and it is taking up SO. MUCH. SPACE on the planner that I have been told I will be in trouble if it’s all still there when the OH gets back. I am always seeing references to the amazing vintage outfits and hairstyles that the characters wear on the show so it is high time I settled down for a Mad Men day!

 
Buying a Country Home magazine and reading it cover to cover whilst lying on the sofa is definitely on my to-do list. I think I will have a bath that lasts for hours until I am as wrinkly as a prune, and then deep clean my wardrobe – decluttering from shoes to hairbands – and everything in between!


I have about a hundred cross stitch products started too...so I need to get some of those finished before I lose my mind. I have been meaning to start other types of needlecraft  beautiful crochet blankets and knitted cushion covers so perhaps I will have time to watch a YouTube tutorial or two.
 

Phew – I’m not sure I’m going to have enough time to get everything done!

What do you like to get up to when you have space and time all to yourself?!

Until next time,

K x

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god definitely watch madmen - you will LOVE it!! First episide is a bit slow but stick with it, it's brilliant xxx

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the peace .... and had a chance to spoil yourself a little.
    We all need some 'me time' sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having some me time - Im with you Ill watch the tv shows I want the girlier the better and indulge in some trashy magazine reading :)

    ReplyDelete